David S. Zocchi Brain Tumor Fund
The David S. Zocchi Brain Tumor Fund is dedicated to:
1. Providing financial support to the Monmouth Medical Center Foundation in support of the services and family support programs conducted at the David S. Zocchi Brain Tumor Center;
2. Incubating new support programs for brain tumor patients and their families through local pilot projects that have the potential to be replicated nationally;
3. Sponsoring and initiating multi-disciplinary research related to lifestyle and environmental causes of Central Nervous System (“CNS”) cancers (the majority of funding is currently focused on researching cures and treatment of brain cancer);
4. Spreading awareness about the 20,000 new CNS cancers diagnosed each year, that are starting to impact a younger segment of the population; and
5. Conducting grassroots advocacy to increase government support of research into lifestyle and environmental causes of brain cancer.